Aboriginal Legal Aid Barrister

If there is no place for legal aid in your municipality, contact the British Columbia Legal Aid Call Centre. Explains what legal aid is, how to apply for it and how it can help you This publication is a general guide to the law. You should not rely on it as legal advice, and we recommend that you talk to a lawyer about your situation. LawAccess NSW can give you free information and, in some cases, legal advice about your legal issue. Or they can refer you to another service. Call 1300-888-529 or visit their website at www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au If you are not eligible for legal representation, you may still be able to get free legal advice from our mandatory lawyers and other services. Our services include: You can contact your local legal aid centre. Check the map at the bottom of this page to find the nearest location. If you urgently need legal advice, we may be able to advise you over the phone. Call us at 1800 551 589.Order brochures online from www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au (see Publication of the Order) We offer legal training on topics of interest to the communities we visit. Here you will find free legal information on the legal rights of Aborigines.

You can also find out more about our free information services, including: Wirringa Baiya is a community law centre for Indigenous women, children and young people living in New South Wales. They provide free legal advice and representation in relation to domestic violence. If you have any questions about the Civil Law Service for Aboriginal Communities, please contact us at 1800 793 017 or (02) 9219 5057 or by email at clsac@legalaid.nsw.gov.au. The Indigenous Legal Service NSW/ACT (ALS) provides free legal advice and representation in criminal, custody and child protection matters. Call ESL on 1800 733 233 or visit their website at www.alsnswact.org.au. Clarify your legal issue now – act early. Phone: 1800 551 589 Your rights matter! Getting help with day-to-day legal issues and money worries Community individuals interested in becoming a member of ALSWA can do so by filling out this application form and sending it to the Company Secretary [JPoroch@als.org.au] with a membership payment of $10.00 or by being transferred to the next bank account The Early Intervention Unit can help you clarify this, before it gets serious. Call 1300-888-529 or visit their website at www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au We honour past and present elders and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We are separate from the other family law lawyers at Legal Aid NSW. This means that there is no conflict of interest and we can help you even if you come into conflict with someone who receives help from Legal Aid NSW. Due to COVID-19, CLSAC has suspended its outreach clinics – we will notify you by phone.

We can help you if you are a mother, father, grandparent or other family member. When you talk to us, you can bring someone you trust, for example: An Indigenous financial advisor is part of our team to help you solve your money problems. Prepare your financial and court information when you apply. For the information you need to apply, visit the Legal Aid of British Columbia website. If you don`t have all the documents we need, we`ll tell you what to do next. CLSAC visits communities in New South Wales and visits Indigenous women in custody. The majority of CLSA employees are Aboriginal. We offer respectful, warm and compassionate services. *Terms apply to ongoing support or hearing dates We help people connect to other services they need. Early intervention services are available in locations around New South Wales. To find the location nearest you, call 1800 551 589. Mediation can help everyone involved in your child`s case work together to decide on a care plan and agree on what is best for your child.

The Early Intervention Unit (ERT) is a specialist legal aid service in New South Wales. We can help you resolve your family law issues confidentially as soon as possible without having to go through a lengthy court process. We recognize the ongoing connection to land, water and community, as well as the right of Indigenous peoples and communities to self-determination. We help people solve family problems as early as possible before they become serious. You and the other parent can get free online mediation that will help you make a child support agreement or parenting arrangements, or both. Legal Aid BC offers a number of free services that can help you. We put low-income people first. But many of our services are available to all British Columbians. Sometimes you can sort things out of arrangement and acting early.

Seeing an early intervention lawyer will help you better understand your problem and the options available to you. If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in New South Wales with a civil issue, you can call CLSAC`s toll-free telephone counselling service on 1800 793 017. We also have Indigenous field agents to help you with money worries and family law. If you need to speak to an Indigenous Field Officer, please contact our Central Sydney office at 9219 5000 or the Indigenous Legal Department at 1800 733 233. The information is correct at the time of printing. However, it is subject to change. For more information, contact LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529. Call us via the National Relay Service at 133-677 or www.relayservice.gov.au or call LawAccess NSW at 1300-889-529 At the time of printing, the information displayed is correct but subject to change. We work with organizations such as the Indigenous Legal Service, local Indigenous Land Boards, Community Legal Centers and other community organizations.

Indigenous clients can consult any legal aid NSW lawyer. Look for the nearest legal advisory office. If you qualify, you may be able to hire a lawyer to handle your case for: This toll-free line is made up of Indigenous women and is open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Aboriginal Legal Service of Western Australia Limited is registered as a public limited company and is governed by an Aboriginal Council. The Board of Directors consists of five elected members and two co-opted members who work together to dedicate time, cultural and business expertise to providing leadership and governance.